What dreams are made of
Today's Monitor carries a lighthearted AP story about what the presidential candidates might be doing if they had followed their dreams in a non-political direction. Clearly, some played along more than others:
- Joe Biden: Architect.
- Hillary Clinton: "Continue to work for causes and issues I care about, in a setting like a university or foundation."
- Chris Dodd: Teacher.
- John Edwards: Mill supervisor.
- Dennis Kucinich: Astronaut.
- Barack Obama: Architect.
- Bill Richardson: Center field, New York Yankees.
- Sam Brownback: Farmer.
- Rudy Giuliani: Sports announcer.
- Mike Huckabee: Bass guitar player for a touring rock band.
- Duncan Hunter: Outdoor writer.
- John McCain: Foreign service.
- Mitt Romney: Auto company chief executive.
- Tom Tancredo: President.
So, like George Costanza, Biden and Obama long to be architects; Clinton can't manage a simple answer; and Kucinich imagines himself . . . in space. [Sorry, couldn't resist.]